JWOWW Black Bronzer is a tinted tanning cream developed by Jenni “JWOWW” Farley from the hit MTV series “Jersey Shore” and sun-care, personal products company Australian Gold. This product raves on delivering an extremely dark and sexy tanned look. The JWOWW Black Bronzer contains 13.5 fl. oz. of tanning cream in a slick black and gold bottle. It delivers three-fold in providing a deep bronzed skin color, soft and smooth skin texture, and penetrable moisturizers. Black Currant, Kukui Oil, Carmel, Monoi de Tahiti, Walnut Shell extract and dark natural bronzers give you a deep, rich color. The combination of vitamins, sunflower oil and Kukui Nut Oil act as the skin softener, and Hemp Seed and Black Currant Oil moisturize the skin in preparation for optimal skin darkening. To further accent the JWOWW Black Bronzer is its aroma of fruity Ballin’ Berry.
The JWOWW Black Bronzer is an indoor, sunless tanning product that’s great for establishing a base tan. Apply this product evenly over the body, wash your hands thoroughly after the application, and wait approximately 10 minutes before entering the tanning bed. Following your time in the tanning bed, it’s best to wait 2-4 hours before showering or getting wet in any way. As a bronzer is a topical tanning solution, water on the skin’s surface may cause streaking. The Ballin’ Berry scent may dissipate slightly after your initial tanning session. JWOWW Black Bronzer is creamy and super absorbent, and does not leave a greasy residue on the skin’s surface. With the botanical extracts and vitamin combination, the skin’s bronze appearance is heightened with a smoother, softer texture. You will see a noticeable difference in your skin color upon the initial use of this bronzer. Skin is evenly bronzed without that unsightly blood orange looking color. Depending upon your desired results to darken more throughout the summer months, you may want to mix it up on your tanning regimen, as the JWOWW Black Bronzer will plateau.
My Opinion On JWOWW Black Bronzer
- Creamy, silky texture of this tanning cream feels soft to the touch
- Evenly absorbs into the skin
- No greasy residue
- As I am already a pecan tan, this bronzer gives my skin the appearance of a slightly deeper kiss from the sun. It makes my hazel eyes standout more when my skin is darkened a little more. My skin’s golden and red undertones are more pronounced thus giving it a glowing appearance. Make-up looks more attractive.
- Didn’t have any problem with the product staining anything.
- Only need 1 application every 2 weeks. I don’t use a tanning bed, but I do sit out in the sun for a minimum of 2 hours before applying the bronzer.
- Great facial and skin moisturizer.
- I waited 2 hours after application to shower and there was no streaking.
- No problem with product plateau, as I believe it has to do with me naturally getting some sun before applying the product.
- Don’t like the smell. Prefer tropical scents, i.e. coconut, mango, or citrus from any tanning products. Not berries.
- Wish the product offered sunscreen protection.
- Less expensive when ordering online. Pricing should be the same from all purchasing outlets. Pricing ranges from $20.00-$60.00 per bottle.
- Don’t like the inability to use the cream that has settled at the bottom of bottle.
Upon my assessment of JWOWW Black Bronzer, I would give it a 3.5 out of 5 rating with 5 being the best. I prefer shopping for a tanning cream at a retail store as opposed to ordering it online and having to wait for delivery just to save money. I like smelling and trying out the cream prior to spending money on it. Sunscreen protection would also be a great feature to add to this tanning product. Noting that skin irritation or damage from the sun in any form could prove to be harmful, adding an SPF factor would broaden the company’s product appeal. In addition, I don’t like the smell. When I use any tanning product, I enjoy the smells of the tropics, whether I’m at the beach or not. Ballin’ Berry doesn’t remind of the beach.
JWOWW Black Bronzer works great for what it was designed to do. It gives a great tan immediately with proper use. It’s moisturizing and skin smoothing properties are quick absorbing and non-greasy. Skin feels soft to the touch. There is a preference for a more tropical scent from a tanning product. Sunscreen protection would add more value and would appeal to a broader customer base. A suggested retail price for the company’s retailers along with current name recognition would improve total sales.